Murray Independent School District has enjoyed academic excellence since 1872 when it was founded. Below are just some of the many statistics that separates our district from any other district in the region.
- Our district ranked in the 98th percentile in 2012 state assessment.
- Forty MHS students have been named National Merit Finalists since 1974.
- MHS offers 11 Advanced Placement courses to students.
- Since 2006, 46 MHS students earned AP Scholar distinction.
- MISD is one of the top 12 Kentucky schools in College and Career Readiness.
- MISD was named one of only eight districts in the state of Kentucky to be named a Kentucky District of Distinction for the 2011-2012 school year.
- MISD continually ranks in the top 10% of Kentucky ACT scores (8th in 2012).
- Smaller class sizes are a staple in our district.
- Since 1982, West Point Military Academy has accepted seven MHS graduates.
- MISD students represent 16 different countries.