Help Slow the Spread
by Pam Paschall, School Health Coordinator
Added: 11/12/2014 8:13:32 AM
Children, parents, and staff should know the following everyday preventive actions:
• Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Stay home until at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away after use and wash your hands. If a tissue is not available, cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve, not your hand.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
• Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.