The Murray Independent School District offers enrollment to students living outside of the school district boundaries in accordance with board policies and upon approval of the Principal and Superintendent. Enrollment of Out-of-District and Out-of-State student is subject to ALL of the following conditions:
- Available room for In-District students;
- Academic performance;
- Attendance; and
Out-of-district/state families will be responsible for yearly tuition for each student attending Murray Independent. The following tuition rates apply for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 school years:
|2022-2023 tUITION RATES||2023-2024 TUITION RATES|
|KENTUCKY rESIDENT oUT-OF dISTRICT tUITION rATE||$300/PER STUDENT PER YEAR||$400/PER STUDENT PER YEAR|
|oUT-OF-sTATE rESIDENT tUITION rATE||
$1,500/PER STUDENT FOR FIRST YEAR
$550/PER STUDENT EACH SUBSEQUENT YEAR
$1,600/PER STUDENT FOR FIRST YEAR
$650/PER STUDENT EACH SUBSEQUENT YEAR
To enroll your child/children as an out-of-district/state student, please download and complete the appropriate application above. Return the completed application and ALL required information below to the appropriate school. All information must be provided in its entirety prior to consideration for admissions.
Incoming (first time in school) Kindergartners are required to submit items marked with a *.
Required Items for Admission
- Copy of latest academic report card (for grades K-8) or transcript (for grades 9-11)
- Copy of student’s physical examination and immunization records*
- Copy of birth certificate or other proof of age*
- Copy of latest attendance report
- Copy of latest discipline report
If approved for enrollment, the following conditions apply:
- Parents/Guardians will receive a letter of acceptance from the superintendent for each individual student. It is not a guarantee that each member of the household will be accepted as an Out-of-District student. (Refer to above conditions);
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for tuition as outlined above per student paid according to district tuition schedule;
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for all transportation to/from school . Students must be dropped off and picked up in a timely manner;
- Parents/Guardians and students will abide by all rules contained within the Murray Independent Code of Conduct.
Students that are currently enrolled within the District and move out of the District during the school year may be considered for “Out-of-District” status if he/she meets the Out-of-District criteria and pay the required tuition.