Update: September 13, 2021
Based on current COVID-19 information available for Murray/Calloway County, the Murray Independent School District will require face masks/coverings indoors when students (PS-12) arrive to our respective campuses. Also, face masks/coverings are required at all times when using school transportation. Universal masking applies to all individuals, including visitors, vaccinated and unvaccinated. Face masks/coverings are not required outdoors.
As stated previously, Murray Independent Schools will continue to provide in person instruction five days per week during the 2021-2022 academic year. In person instruction is the most effective approach to address the academic and social-emotional needs of our students.
MISD encourages everyone eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine to strongly consider and partake after consultation with your healthcare provider. The vaccines are our best defense for a safe and healthy school year.
The Murray Independent Reopening Plan for in person instruction for the 21/22 SY is available below. If you have questions please contact your building principal.
Daily Symptoms Check - The Student COVID-19 self-check is available here: https://bit.ly/MISDselfcheck
If you have questions please contact your child’s school.
The Murray Independent District will continue to monitor on a regular basis the COVID-19 data and guidance from local, state, and national health sources to determine mask protocols for students PS-12 and staff.
Coy D. Samons, Superintendent
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has approved an extension of the Federal Summer Food Program which allows MISD to provide meals for ALL children and youth age 18 and younger at no cost. Families will no longer have to provide student lunch account information, show identification, or register to pick up meals.
- Meal Prices - Meals are currently provided at no cost for all children age 18 and younger.
- Menus - Menus can be viewed online here: https://www.murray.kyschools.us/food-service/menus
- Free & Reduced Lunch Application - Applications for free and reduced lunch for the 2021-2022 school year are available online or paper copies are available at the school. Please be sure to complete an application for the 21-22 school year! https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact April Adams at (270)753-5700 or email@example.com
- Murray Independent School District is a 1:1 Chromebook district. Every student will have access to a Chromebook device.
- Students in grades K-5 will have a Chromebook to utilize at school. Students in grades 6-12 will be provided a device to use at school and take home.
- Please let us know if your family needs Internet access by calling Morgan Carman, FRYSC (270)753-9592 or JaneAnn Turner, The DEN YSC (270)753-6565
We have created several tutorial videos for parents and students to demonstrate common tools used during Online Learning. You can access the tutorial videos here.